Our learning process instils the foundation of performance excellence, essential in identifying ‘the process’ as a tool. As you progress to our champion tier you discover an in-depth understanding of laboratory processes. You will see not only how it relates to performance improvement but also how to measure and identify additional areas of improvement. Once you have completed the master level, you will have acquired highly sought-after skills that will enable you to make significant contributions to performance improvement.
- Understand your role in the business, and see how you fit into the bigger picture.
- Map your own lab processes in a standardised manner.
- Use data to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Analyse problems and identify root causes.
- Use Lab Information System (LIS) data for scenarios in simulation.
- Write a business case and motivate the need for change.
- Identify an improvement team and manage improvement projects; and
- Manage change effectively.