Are you at your limit for doing “more with less”? Lab medicine has always been at the forefront of Operational Excellence in Healthcare. We were the first to measure and use the ideas of Lean and Six Sigma. Our conceptual approach, on the other hand, has stayed unchanged. In contrast, the pressure to “do more with less” has grown to a breaking point for our collective capabilities, as well as our team’s wellness and job satisfaction.
The problem is that, while vital, Lean and Six Sigma are insufficient to establish true absorptive and change capability in any lab. They’re important components of a much larger lab-specific puzzle, but any team in any laboratory needs a lot more to properly future-proof and optimize itself.
NO LAB-SPECIFIC OPTIMIZATION PROGRAM HAS EXISTED UNTIL NOW.
The Laboratory Transformation and Improvement Program is a game-changing advancement in lab management and leadership. It builds on traditional skills and knowledge obtained through Lean and Six-Sigma while creating a culture of continuous improvement, building laboratory-specific business excellence, and improving laboratory-specific business processes all at the same time. The Laboratory Transformation and Improvement Program takes a lab-wide, team-wide, and business-wide approach to create a shared vision and language, and it builds robust problem solving and improvement capabilities.
THE LABORATORY TRANSFORMATION AND IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM
SOME OF THE LEARNING MODULES INCLUDE:
- Environmental scanning & the case for change.
- Aligning the lab’s vision, mission & objectives with the lab operations.
- The laboratory ecosystem, demand, and resource requirements.
- Lead with a common process and business language.
- Analyzing, critical thinking, decision-making & problem-solving.
- Scenario building, structuring & presenting the business case.
- Project planning, execution, and change management.
- Sharing insights and ensuring sustainability.
“Four times the capability in 10% of the time at 7% of the price.“You will learn at your own pace and time customizable to your schedule. The course is underpinned by a real-life workplace project that ensures a generation of quick wins and typically pays for the original investment made. These quick wins can easily be implemented in similar areas of your lab, multiplying the impact of the ROI gained.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- The course will have a start and end date and runs over three weeks.
- There will be a kick-off meeting on the start date to explain resources, materials, and expectations.
- Delegates will learn at their own pace and time customizable to their schedule within the three weeks. They must complete two lessons a day, ranging from seven to forty minutes each.
- They must complete a lab-related activity after each lesson.
- There will be five live scheduled interventions of one hour each to answer questions and summarize work over the three weeks. These sessions will be recorded for those individuals who can not attend.
- An online, multiple-choice assessment will conclude the academic component at the end of the course.
- The course is underpinned by a one-month, real-life workplace project that ensures the generation of quick wins and typically pays for the original investment made. These quick wins can easily be implemented in similar areas of the laboratory, multiplying the impact of the ROI gained.
- The time investment over seven weeks will be one hour a day.